Sunday, March 19, 2006

57X happier!!

Alas, I bought the much anticipated Fuji FinePix S5600 camera. It is a digital camera which is also a DSLR-wannabe. I got "cursed" at when i told people I wanted to buy a Fuji. What's so bad about a Fuji? People, you didn't curse at me, just some frank advices but I'm in a jovial mood which renders me a little nutty. I'm pretty happy with the quality of the photographs. This camera like many other, if not all digital cameras do not produce very sharp pictures in very low lighting. I did not post the shots I took without flash in very low lighting because to me those pictures are not usable. I place quite a high standard on quality. Ofcourse, any other camera with higher megapixels produce sharper and clearer pictures than a 5.1meg does. The photos are a little softer compared to the ones produced by Canon PowerShot A620 (my initial choice). The latter, a 7.1meg but photos produced by it is abit on the darker side. I chose the S5600 on the grounds that it looks & feels like a DSLR, very good zoom range, good image quality, long battery life (2500 Ni-Mh) and other features that allow me to tweak and fiddle around for the effects a DSLR is capable off. However, this camera is not capable of everything a DSLR is capable off but it comes closer than many other alternatives available in the market. After 3 weeks long of dreaming and dreaming, I finally got my hands on it. I bought it for RM1340 with a 16mb & 512mb xD card, soft PU carying case, USB 2.0 cable, audio & visual cables, strap and bundled software plus 1 year international warranty. In addition, I also bought a Marumi 55mm UV lens protector and a protective film for the LCD screen for RM80 (for both). The camera needs batteries, so I bought 4 Energizer 2500 Ni-Mh batteries with charger for RM120. With this purchase, I was given a membership card and 300 free prints at Fotokem. The membership entitles me to discounts. I think this is a good buy(the camera, as I'm not sure of the accesories' price). Anyways, it is cheaper here than it is in Singapore (SGD599). Oh, by the way, the 57X referred to in the title is the amount of total zoom.

1 Comments:

Blogger lildudette... said...

FInally u got ur camera =) been hearing about it for the past 2 weeks haha. Anyways... shall leave u now... Phillip....My.....F..... LMAO

March 21, 2006 3:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home