Sunday, September 03, 2006

Marketing

Not the marketing business students are taught in tutorials and lectures. Recently I had the chance to go back to Sitiawan. Since I was back there and my brother, James decided to cook up a dinner for us, my dad thought we would do marketing early last Saturday morning. How early? Not very early, just before 7 a.m. So, I thought I would bing my camera and capture a few frames. Being inexperienced in shooting that early in the morning and with the flourecent tube being the only source of light, some initial photographs turned out too dark. The later ones were much better. By the way, ACHTUNG! Gory sight ahead. All the pictures shown were shot with ISO800. Only minimal editing were done. Only pigs and fishes were killed in the event. Gangsters in training? Now we know why they fight well! Best cooked with black-sweetened vinegar
The first stalls that we went were those that sold pork. Somehow, my dad would go there first. His all time favourite, roasted pork is a must buy item. A must have for many Chinese
Moving on, another favourite of many Chinese families is fish. We believe that consuming lots and lots of fish will make you more intelligent. Is it so? I wish it is. My dad is so crazy about fish that he bought a freezer to keep them together with the pork he buys. The freezer is in the kitchen. Imagine eating fish everyday, almost every meal. I'm talking about the same fish but different parts of it. Normally he would buy Grouper, our favourite, more like his. He don't buy small ones which weigh 2-3kgs but thouse which weigh 5kgs (whole fish), 90kgs (part), 200kgs above (head and flesh). We have fish head for lunch, dinner and it goes on for a week until either
we can't take it or the freezer is empty. I swear it was this big! I'm freezing, me too, me too....
What do you need after having so much meat, meat and meat? You need a balance diet. You need fibre to wash all the protein that you have consumed. If not you will have constipation. Constipation, it hurts!
Some say it lubricates your digestive track
My friend is a fan of papaya
There you go, Saturday morning at the market. I have people asking me if I am a photographer of a magazine. I should have nodded and smiled and tell them a whole bunch of stories. Oh well, infact I am a photographer of a magazine, Monga (Monash Gazette). Before I sign off, some words of wisdom. A papaya a day keeps the pain away!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home