Monday, August 15, 2005

What a day...

What a day it was. I've never experienced this before. I went to visit Emmanuel together with Adrian and Jinny. Victor joined us just as we arrived. I wasn't shock to see Emmanuel's injuries, although it is quite severe. Maybe it was due to my other experiences with accident victims wih even more severe injuries, some deaths. Well, his face was quite badly injured while his left leg was broken at the tibia and fibula. He was clearly in pain.

We spend some time before I led them in a short prayer for Emmanuel. Just as we started praying I heard a thumping sound. I thought it was the kid from the next bed falling. No, it wasn't...It was Jinny and I wasn't too sure at that time what to do. I could 1)stop praying, 2)quickly end the prayer or 3)Stop and help her up. I think I made a wrong choice to continue praying and left her on the floor for a couple more seconds before we held her up on the chair.

The nurses came in, I would say they were quite fast to act, took her blood sample and checked her pressure. We were ask to wheel her to the emergency ward. The waiting started. The doctor wanted to ward her for observation but she opted to discharge from the hospital. She is fine now. Emmanuel should do well. He will recover soon. After all our God heals...by His stripes we are healed...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home