Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Food Review: Lamb Shoulder

Recently my friends and I celebrated the birthdays of two of our friends'. We had a simple dinner at Chilli's One Utama. One thing about Chilli's that I see having an advantage over some other eateries is the dual section concept where walking chimneys can happily puff away without having anyone complaining. Anyways, we are going to talk about food not tar laced smoke.

I ordered grilled lamb shoulder. Since it was stated New!...was and new, so contradictory. Never mind, the grilled lamb shoulder didn't take long to be served. The serving isn't the biggest or the most tempting in terms of presentation. Nonetheless, it was sufficient to fill up one hungry stomach. Keyword for serving size is, one hungry normal man's stomach. I do eat alot but this was just enough to make me feel full.

like the sauce one would get on KFC's wedges. I like how they have neglected to peel the skin of the potatoes prior to mashing them. It gives character to the normally boring mashed potatoes. Oh and there is this miserable "missing person"On the little bits of food they arrange on the plate. The is ofcourse a piece of lamb shoulder. I was expecting to see a whole shoulder. Was a little disappointed but what you pay is what you get, right? RM23.95 was the price for this piece of lamb shoulder. The lamb shoulder was grilled medium rare to maintain its slightly chewy and juicy texture. It was pink in colour- it should be that way. To be noted, I suppose the secret ingredient they used to marinate the lamb did the job to compliment the almost rare meat. Accompanying the juicy lamb were blanch broccolis and cauli flowers. They were abit too soft for my liking, overcooked in other words, and abit on the bland side. On the other hand and thank goodness for the mashed potatoes. They came flowing with this spectacular white sauce with some chilli flakes. The white sauce taste a little bit garlic bread slice too.

That's very simply my experience with miss juicy lamb shoulder. Not forgetting the free flowing guava juice that I had. Good idea. Anyway, it should be the way in every cafes and restaurants in this league. Service wise, Chilli can still improve on it-not too bad though. Forgive me for the other picture showing the juicy lamb isn't good by my standards to be shown. I was too hungry that my hand was shaking when I took it. My usual "I'm hungry excuss".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home