Thursday, October 05, 2006

Random

2 random thoughts tonight after a long silence.

First would be....drums roll till I say stop...I've officially held and used a Nikon D80 with battery grip. Wooohhooo...but I still have insufficient funds to own it. I have to say the camera is Fasttttt and quite Furiouh (furious). I feel like selling my Fuji. Any takers? Selling cheap, only at the price of a D80. The weight is just nice for me but I reckon wihtout the battery grip would be better. Less straineous. The lens barrel does feel and look plasticky. What do you expect from a budget zoom lens? The body was a bit of a let down. I was expecting D70s' build quality. Not exactly there. Even the scene dial feels and looks tiny and flimsy even next to a Canon 350D's. What a pity. I do agree with some photomalaysia forummers that the buttons are abit out of contact/feel. Canon's felt better. D80's price is close to D200 and Canon's 30D. I'm slowly slowly but surely drifting to the darkside...Canon 30D.

Secondly, what's with university students now a days? Monash's very own elections is on. Running for next year's student council consist of only 2 teams. Why only 2? This semester, students witnessed the evil that resides in the heart of sinful humans. I'm very disappointed from the very beginning with one party's leadership. At the same time I am not fond of the other. If a leader isn't responsible at all, then it is pointless to even contest. On the same note, if a leader isn't honest in dealing with affairs professionally, taking advantage of one's mistake-not worthy to lead. Both do not deserve to sit on the president's chair. Own up to what you have said and dirty tactics would not win you honest votes. I say, let there be another team winning by default. I would suggest team members of both parties (president candidates stay out) to form a cooperative team and contest to win by default. Both president candidates have lost the respect of many students. Enough said.

3 Comments:

Blogger lee wei said...

Too bad you're graduating soon.

Or I would have pushed you towards presidency.

wahahahaha

October 06, 2006 1:21 PM  
Blogger Philip said...

ahahha...me? i don't want..too much responsibility..not that i can't handle..but i refuse...i could always try to fail some subjects? ahaha

October 07, 2006 1:16 AM  
Blogger joanne liyeng said...

eh you said drumroll until you say stop..din say stop oso hahaha

October 13, 2006 8:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home