Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Caught off guard

He wears a white turban and robe. Rides a big scooter without helmet and thinks that the road is his grandfather’s. He should be in his 50s at least. I suspect he is an imam of the nearby USJ mosque. By the way, his scooter’s number plate is WMS 1877 and it is bright red. He crossed at a t-junction cutting in right in front of my car and missing the oncoming car by a few meters. My bro sounded the horn and the Malay fellow got freaking mad. He parked his scooter in front of our car and wanted to pick a fight. He came shouting at us and trying to force the door open to fight. Luckily I ask my bro to lock the door. He wind down the window a little bit to talk. But this unreasonable fellow shouted at us. I told him that the Ramadhan month just ended and you behave like this? My bro threatened to report it to the Police because he was becoming hostile. He replied by asking us to come out and fight and wanting to punch my bro. Luckily my bro was fast enough to wind up the window more. His fist hit the window and the plastic piece (can’t remember what it is called).

I didn’t want to say sorry because we didn’t do anything wrong. The horn was a warning that he was too near us and it was dangerous driving plus what would happen if we hit him. I am sure this fellow (you know by now the rage…and you bet I want to call him names and link him to the Taliban but thankfully Esther C’s sms sort of cooled my anger) will make a story up to the Police and we would get into trouble. What solved the issue? My bro said sorry and he hesitantly walked away while starring at us in a hostile manner. So you tell me, is the world’s view of Islam correct or wrong? It seems even in USJ 9, Subang Jaya, Malaysia the term self fulfilling prophecy is already taking place. Can you now blame us (non-muslims) for labeling muslims as terrorist and islam being a religion of violence? Look at what is happening. I am very disappointed with my fellow Malaysian. I have forgiven him and I’ve ask God for forgiveness for sinning in my anger. Readers, you should note that this is not an attack hurled against Malays. This may be a one off incident. Humans…too weak.

3 Comments:

Blogger Matthew said...

I think it's just human nature that some thinks they havce right of way in certain things. It's happened to me before twice up here in America. Once almost in that same manner, where the guy pulled out from his truck and yelled at us and I just only stared at him and said I was sorry, though I had no idea what was going on, and the second was a guy stopped at a junction when he had the right of way and he didn't have to stop and traffic was backing up behind into the traffic light junction. I horned a little and a passenger pulled down the winder and glared at me with a anger as they drove. I was behind them for a good 20 seconds since we were going in the same direction.

Sad to say, but it truly is how someone takes certain offenses. Human nature can be cruel sometimes. I say that because I have thought certain things out of proportion while driving too, though not bringing out such violence or anger. I just think about it in my head of course, since I'm pretty passive guy. In anycase, good blog, and something I have been thinking about as well.

November 03, 2006 3:03 PM  
Blogger >>>Alan said...

wow...i dont hav tat kinda of patients to this kind of animal...worst than animal...as u said since he is 50+++i would kick his ass badly..maybe whack him until his mother aso dont reconize him...jz readin tis make my blood boils...think he's world arr???teach him a lesson tat he will never 4get...oppsss...

November 03, 2006 11:44 PM  
Blogger Philip said...

matt, i guess we have experienced such things first hand. rather surprising for me as this is the first time someone actually yelled at me on the road. i'm very glad that i didn't fight back. i guess it is times like these our lives as christians really show.

alan, God taught me patience through many life experiences when i was younger. around your age. those were very very tough times but i thank Him for those lessons. if i didn't have the patience i would have landed in the lock up for a few nights and probably in court. i guess God's love really shows in situations like these where the guy humilitated his own race and religion. and i didn't have to lift a finger...=) God says revenge is mine...

November 04, 2006 1:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home