Monday, September 05, 2005

Hate

Really really hate sin...sometimes I ask why must sin even exist? Guys and girls of all ages and all walks of life sin. We are victors but we still sin. What a contradiction? I may sound like I'm very confused, but I'm not. I'm just very sick and tired of commiting sins. But I really thank God for setting the standard so high. Sometimes I feel like rapturing myself so that I don't sin anymore but it's a foolish thought. Our thoughts and ways are foolish, God's ways and thoughts are perfect. I wonder does He even need to think? Hahah...I think the answer comes before He could think.

Sin is so so bad and corrupting that it will kill us. Drag us to the fiery lakes of hell. We have to be open and be accountable to someone in order to minimise the frequency to sin and ultimately stop it. I'm talking about habitual sin. No matter how frequent one does it, as long as it is repeated acouple of times over a period of time-it is habitual. There must be a better way to stop it. I always seek to find the best way. My search is in vain. Maybe I've not been attentive to what God has to say. I do my quiet time almost every morning. Rarely miss it. Yet I think the level of commitment is inadequet. My goal is to know Jesus and to be like Jesus. I must discipline myself to read God's word and pray everyday-doing it with maximum commitment. I sinned last night. What about you? Are you going to let sin corrupt you?

7 For he who has died has been freed from sin. 8 Now if we died with Christ, we believe that we shall also live with Him, 9 knowing that Christ, having been raised from the dead, dies no more. Death no longer has dominion over Him. 10 For the death that He died, He died to sin once for all; but the life that He lives, He lives to God. 11 Likewise you also, reckon yourselves to be dead indeed to sin, but alive to God in Christ Jesus our Lord. 12 Therefore do not let sin reign in your mortal body, that you should obey it in its lusts. 13 And do not present your members as instruments of unrighteousness to sin, but present yourselves to God as being alive from the dead, and your members as instruments of righteousness to God. 14 For sin shall not have dominion over you, for you are not under law but under grace. 15 What then? Shall we sin because we are not under law but under grace? Certainly not! 16 Do you not know that to whom you present yourselves slaves to obey, you are that one's slaves whom you obey, whether of sin leading to death, or of obedience leading to righteousness? 17 But God be thanked that though you were slaves of sin, yet you obeyed from the heart that form of doctrine to which you were delivered. 18 And having been set free from sin, you became slaves of righteousness.

ROMAN 6:7-18

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

See sin as sin..Dont condemn yourself, close your eyes and know how amazing God's grace is! U ought to know that when you feel His touch!

Philip, turning away from sin is not merely by drawing a line. Many people think that in order NOT TO SIN, u draw a line BUT you ought to know that you will soon cross the line when temptations and circumstances fall apart!

Yes it is hard to be a victor, but satan is very legalistic :) He knows how to play along that line. He manipulates!

Rejoice for Christ has risen and gave u the power to overcome sins. you should ask God for grace and strength. You know all these in your mind, but as a victor and champion, u not only need to know but u need to practice it.

Although it seems so far but i truly believe that by God's grace and strength, one can ought to overcome their sins. Focus on what is right :) Not every right decision is a famous decision and not every famous decision is a right decision :)

September 05, 2005 11:45 AM  
Blogger gRaCeY said...

1 Corinthians 10:13

September 05, 2005 2:15 PM  
Blogger Philip said...

I'm saying AMEN to what Anonymous gotta say. I have to say it is kinda weird to read a post that is directed at me and yet not know who communicated it. ahahah well thanx alot, though. mystery..mystery..

Gracey-thanx alot too.. at least you are not mysterious..ahahha...

September 05, 2005 9:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Best regards from NY! Bdsm chokers thyroid medication depression roadtest toyota pruis Toyota car doors Bernahme lufthansa swiss

March 07, 2007 4:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home