Thursday, June 08, 2006

Vindicated

Oh! The LORD God is good!

He never fails to impress me of His grace and love. He so often assures me of His love. Although I've sin so frequently, He didn't once left in the darkness to die. He instead picked me up. As if I've not been blamed at all for the sins I've committed. I'm vindicated.

I felt bad for I've sinned. I asked God for His forgiveness and praised Him for He is gracious and for His unconditional love. I felt the devil has been constantly tempting me. I took authority over myself in the name of Jesus and I proclaimed that I belong to Jesus. While I was still praying with the Bible in my hand, I saw as my eyes were still closed a verse, Zechariah 3:2.

I believe the Lord wanted to show me something very profound. I turned to it and there were the words of the LORD (read it). Earlier when I was praying, I rebuked the devil telling him, he has no business with a child of God. And here in this verse, God spoke of the same while refering to Joshua. I am like Joshua. We are like Joshua.

I read through the whole chapter and the Lord spoke to me today regarding forgiveness and newness of life. The Bible also calls us "a new creation". We are a new creation in God through Christ Jesus. Righteous we are not, but righteousness we receive from the Lord. Here in Zechariah 3, Joshua was given new clothes and a new turban to replace his filthy clothes. In the same manner I felt the Lord has given me a new life making me a new creation in Him. I'm so blessed.

So profound are the words of God. Vindicated, that is what I feel right now. I'm vindicated because Christ took on the sins of the world to the Cross of Calvary. We have been redeemed. Victorious we stand. We may lost a battle but Jesus has won the war over death. "Oh death where is thy sting?"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home