Thursday, May 18, 2006

Why you so like that?

Why does my car feel like it is going to give way? I tell you why. This is the shady work of Proton under its previous management. The quality control sucks in most of its models. I drive a Waja Premium. Making full use of marketing theories, Proton has successfully conned the people into buying their products. Alright, Proton cars do handle better than many of its competitors. Handling on a Waja, Gen.2, Satria GTi & R3 are reasonably good but I'm not so sure about the ride. Mechanically, Proton is reliable...until the Campro came along. My mechanic says, "How can you mate a British made engine with a Japanese gearbox? Sure problem one". So he says and so I hear about engine problems in Gen.2s. After all, Lotus tunes the ride & handling, previous engines are Mitsubishis. So what has Proton contributed to their cars? Nothing! Oh there are some, in fact many problems with accessories. Broken door handles, windows, glove-box handles...and the list goes on and on.

So what could be the problem? Is cronism the root of it all? Or The nonchalant attitude of its entire workforce and vendors. It could also be that the previous management was on the wrong track chasing an elusive dream. Maybe it could be the interferance of the government. The cause of it all is the sum of all te above mentioned.

Lately Proton was awarded the Reader's Digest Trusted Brand Gold Award. How accurate is this? Firstly, how many paticipants were there? Not many, I reckon. In fact, how many of us read Reader's Digest? Lets give it the benefit of the doubt. Lets say most of do read it but I assume not many would participate in the survey. Alright, if most of us did'nt participate, Proton still stand a chance because half of the nation's annual car sales of over 500,000 cars are Protons! Okay, I'm more than happy to boast of Savvy's quality. As of today, I've not heard of any complains about it only praises. Maybe I should trade my Waja for one. The car is quirky. It is the combination of Beauty and the Beast. I like the front half. One auto magazine journalist praised the car after a test drive even though the car had been trashed and driven for 25,000km since its launch. Maybe Proton deserves some applause for it. But I'm still not happy with the weird sounds the car make. "Kruk Kruk, Krik Krik, Krak Krak" Arghhhh...if you wanna break down just do it, don't start an orchestra of metal, plastic and rubber. I'm about to give up. If I do, I would change a car...chances are slim that I get to change a car of my choice. The banker decides, I only complain.

Write your views about your car and of Proton. Thank you!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home