Thursday, April 20, 2006

Adventure of a kampung boy

Easter break...My brain slows down during holidays. Something I still can't overcome. Maybe reading would help elevate me from this problem. Maybe not because I don't like reading story books or books in general. I don't mind magazines. ZzZZZzzzz...I lack sleep because I chose to stay awake to watch the Barca v AC match and not taking naps in the afternoon.

I'm enjoying my break though.
My friend and I trespassed a reservoir out of town. The reason is simple. Take breathtaking pictures of the suburbs...enjoy the view while the breeze from the sea blow into our nostrils, pass through our hair and hear some voice. Hear some voice?! Yeah, it was freaky that we heard someone talking but we couldn't find anyone in the vicinity. Pretty scary huh? Oh, we had to pass by a cemetery before we could reach a narrow tarred road,
wide enough for a car to pass.

It lead us up to the reservoir, three quarters the height of the hill which I reckon would be at least 7-8 storeys high. The gate has always been lock, so the smarters yet the dumbess thing to do was climb over it. When we reached the reservoir, the wind was so so so awesome. It gives you the feeling as if you are standing on a cliff facing the sea while the wind blows into your face. Ofcourse there was no sea at the bottom but only lush green field. The grass seemed trimmed but it was wild. It was then that we heard a voice speaking in B.Melayu. All of a sudden, there was silence. My friend went to the back of the reservoir to search while I watched his back. We found no one. So, we proceeded to climb to the roof of the reservoir. Took a few shots and came back down and quickly left the place.














We didn't head home but instead went to a cemetery. Crazy. Yeah, that is what you would do to get a view of the town from another angle. This time we could see the whole of Sitiawan. It is big. So big that I would need a super wide angle lens to capture it. It is half the size of Singapore. 330+ sq km. It was fun...I would do it again.