Sunday, May 07, 2006

What it means...

So all my readers must be wondering after seeing this post and the previous one, "Is this blog transforming into a "makan" blog? No my friends...this blog will remain a multiple topic blog. My sole purpose for this blog is to share the Good News but besides the important stuff, there are also the importantly fun stuff. Food is one, cars the other and so many other things that inspires me. This evening's dinner was rather impromptu. Nonetheless, it was great fun. We went to Teluk Gong, Klang to this restaurant named Coconut Flower. What?! Coconut Flower??? What a name. And the journey begins.
This isn't the restaurant at Teluk Gong that me and my relatives frequent. We like the other one, supposedly the original. However, I think all seafood at Teluk Gong taste the same. The only difference is in the size of the serving and the atmosphere. Jog (pronounce Jag) couldn't wait for his food to arrive. He normally eats double portion of rice but today he ate only one.
After waiting for not too long, the food arrived. There on the table laid the food inviting us to dig into it. Prawns cooked in tomyam style, Bamboo muscle, Squid, Vegetable, Steamed Red snapper and Sweet and spicy crabs with the smallest buns in the world according to Lydia.
And introducing Lydia, Siew Lay with her sister Siew Siew, Jog and Joo Li and the hidden-from-the-camera-lens Philip.


What it means...the title depic my thoughts about having fellowships with friends over food or other events. Very simply, to me quality time with friends can be experienced through events like this. Just a simple (rather pricey) meal could mean alot to a friendship or other forms of relationship. I cherish every moment of it. Alas, after walloping all there were on the plates, I guess it is right to say that we enjoyed the company more than the food. It was all about bonding and keeping the friendship going. The person behind the planning, I thank you.

Empty plates don't nescessarily mean the food is good. It sometimes mean we are too hungry. Let us hunger in other areas as well. Spiritually let us hunger for God, in relationships let us hunger for better understanding and quality time spent. Are you hungry?