Tuesday, April 12, 2005

Reaching out...going on

Well, just before I handed in my assignment this afternoon I met a friend whom I've not chatted with for some time. Charlene is her name. Really nice girl. I used to fetch her to uni everyday but not anymore. We chatted and some how the topic on end times was brought up. Oh now I remember, it came about when she asked me if I believed that angels and devils exist. So this was how the story started. I'll spare you the details of the entire conversation. Basically, I had the chance to at least let her know who God is and why Jesus died for us. Also I asked her where would she think she'll go if she dies? She doesn't know...saying she'll think about it later. When later I asked. I just wish my friends and those I share with will see the urgency to know Christ. I do hope I get more opportunitites to share with her and many more in uni. As God is moving we must also move along. We can't afford to be left behind. We can't be too comfortable with what ever that we already have. Shouldn't we strive for more, for something greater...I know we are taught to be content with the things we already have but how can we improve if we don't strive to reach greater hights? Having visions, missions and goals to achieve is like fueling a raging fire thats within me to achieve things. I desire so much, wanting to do so much. In God I put my trust. In Him I find my success and He satisfies all of my needs.