Wednesday, July 06, 2005

Finally...

I wished I could get my hands on the R3 Satria when it was first launched but I knew dad wouldn't buy the car for me as he has already gotten me a Waja Premium. It handles much better than many Japanese cars, I must say. I finally got my chance to burn the tyres of the R3 when my friend bought one. The colour suites the charateristics of the car very well. The stickers that runs from the front all the to the rear end looks cool as it emphasises the potential of the car.

This is one of the best handling cars I've ever driven, the best would be a BMW 3 series...The R3 has adequate power, why adequate? This is because I would expect more horses to pull this car but with 140bhp it would be sufficient. The feel of the steering is good, MOMO steering and the seat provides good support. The brakes feels ok. What disappoints me is the feel when the gears are enganged. It is not as smooth as I would expect it to be. It seems the plastic used for the doors are dissimilar to the other similar models.

I would personally wait for the Gen.2 R3 to be launched and would love to purchase one when I have the means. Ofcourse this depends on the build quality and whether it justifies the price tag.

1 Comments:

Blogger Vernon said...

Hey Phillip,

THanks for posting on my blog. The SR3 is a great handler, no doubt about that!

BTW, lots of articles and posting on the car on my blog. One of them here:
http://www.macxcess.com/vblog/2004/12/limited-edition-m24-satria-r3-first.html

Cheers mate.

July 07, 2005 10:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home