Thursday, November 17, 2005

Drying up like a prune

I'm drying up like a prune. That doesn't sound nice when uttered but that reflect how I feel these days. This post may be filled with "I feels" but bare with me. I feel like the system is obsolete. It does not feed "us" with sufficient inputs. Again, should not the input come from God? Well, this is very subjective. Yeah, it is my duty and responsibility to keep in close contact with God through prayes and reading of the Word. I do love Him alot but after a long silence, I, like many others are drying up and feel demotivated. Some doubt, some quit. I'm no quiter. or at least I think.

This has been on going for some time without me noticing it. All the while I thought it has been under control. I was wrong. Then again, God may be at work deep within me. I may not notice this, and I reckon this must has some connections with my walk with Him. Please don't throw speculations at me just yet. I'm going through a phase, I hope it is only a phase, where I'm not motivated to read the Bible, kneel down to pray or even go to CG. I feel tired in everything dimension of my life. What is wrong? Can someone share with me your same struggles and at least show me the wat out.

Give me some rest God, give me life again, give me a new vision, give me a new hope...I'm lost but I rather lose myself in Your pressence not in the darkess of wilderness. My heart cries out to You for help but it seems the situation is worsening. My faith is so little compared to the many in Your body, Lord. Forgive me for having such small faith. Lord, I want to serve You. Where are You calling me to? I am human, I need to sense Your leading. I don't want to make another mistake again, taking the wrong path, doing the wrong things. It hurts You alot and so do I. If only I hear Your voice tonight, I believe I will be better. Come and do what You please with this life which is no longer mine but Yours. If grumbling and worrying will not make things better, only Your ways will. Empty me, break me...so that You can mould me into who You want me to be. I don't want to be myself anymore. My past sucks. It was black. Can You please make it as white as snow by Your blood that washes me clean? Deal with my unbelieve, my studborness, unwillingness, disobedience, filth, dishonesty, lack of love...my whole life. I want to be close to You all my life. Do something in me oh Lord. Teach me your Word, the mysteries of the Trinity, the wonders of Your creation, purpose driven life and about Your character, will and desires. Nothing matters more to me than You. I love nothing more than I love You. You promise me a way out of every temptation. I claim the victory, Lord. I believe You will guide me. I believe in You...for You believe in me. For You first love me, I love You. Forgive me of my sins and filled me with Your Spirit. Let this empty vessel be filled till overflowing. In Jesus name, Amen.

6 Comments:

Blogger Philip said...

*hugs* thanx for words that are filled with immense encouragement. I've certainly no idea of His plans for me at this moment. but I believe that He has a big plan. I was certainly blinded tot he extent that I don't even know that God has been using me to bless you and many others. after i read your message, it cannot be counted as a comment for this is way more precious than just a comment, i feel the love of the Father so close to me that i cried. it was a overwhelming experience of love, forgiveness and reconciliation with God the Father. I knelt down and then prostrate myself to pray to Him and worship Him. it has been some time now that i felt His presence. thanx for reminding me that a sincere prayer is what God search for. and thanx for the sincere and pure prayer that you prayed for me. i may not be the best leader in church or anywhere but i want to be a faithful follower of Jesus. join me...this journey is not going to be easy but it is exciting and rewarding. heaven awaits our return but the earth cries for salvation...we must bring it to them.

November 18, 2005 10:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amen to what you have prayed! Right now is no longer a drying up prune. It's gonna be sunsweet prune: Juicy and Delicious! AMEN! I've text u what i wanted to say and just wannaa remind you that God's rainbow is always there when you feel battered by life's storms, doubts and dismay... His rainbow is coming... its only a prayer away my fren :) cheers and god bless!

November 18, 2005 1:52 PM  
Blogger Philip said...

hey thanx...mei hui and lydia...
you guys are really supportive and i really appreciate that. ehhe...glad, very glad...

November 19, 2005 5:58 PM  
Blogger gwyneth said...

praise the Lord! wonderful friends you have, who never fail to encourage you with God's word. everyone goes thru ups and downs on their ride with God...tho we're strangers, m so encouraged to know tt there's a fellow believer out there who loves God so much! despite gng thru this not-so-pleasant phase, you're still seeking to draw closer to God!

Jesus said in matthew 11:28, "Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest."

"Casting all your care upon him; FOR HE CARETH FOR YOU." 1 peter 5:7

take heart! :D

in His love
tt 'passer-by' ;)

November 20, 2005 9:17 PM  
Blogger Philip said...

hi gwyneth...thanx for "passing by" and to give me such encouragement. Trully, we as christians cannot live alone but as a body of Christ. The body of Christ represents unity among the "body parts". No one is more important than the other but all are equally loved by our Lord. Therefore, if I was drying, I know I won't be left to dry alone, or to dry up at all. I'm glad that the company of saints I have continuously love me for the sake of Christ. thanx

November 21, 2005 5:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cool blog, interesting information... Keep it UP pda accessory verizon wireless phone plans Lending instutions that specialize in debt consolidation http://www.dentalinsuranceprocedurecodes.info Bfast click conferencing loc search.ebay.com video Van rentals in greenville sc Butane cartridges http://www.woisteinlasikzentruminmeinernahe.info nexium cheap Password hard drive Free virus scan safer

April 25, 2007 12:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home