Monday, December 12, 2005

Play +Play = Fatigue

Holiday to me is always about a time to rewind, rethink, enjoy and re-equiped. Maybe there are more things that I do during my holiday than those stated. Ofcourse I play alot. Non-stop to be exact. From badminton drills to enjoying the sea breeze. Swimming at this time of the year has become a ritual of some sort. Doing it only for a mont or two every year isn't pleasant to my developing muscles. It always hurt alot for the first few days. Playing badminton isn't that bad but enough to cause exhaustion. Futsal has always been a favourite. Getting carpet burn isn't a new thing either. Scoring many goals is a rarity. However, kicking some butts isn't.

This year however has been quite different from the years before. My participation in church activities has reduced. But I still do a considerable amount of work in church in a smaller scale. Simply helping out in the refurbishment of the church pews is something new this year. A service to God that flexes more physical muscles. Although I hope I could flex more spiritual ones. Not to worry, MYF CAMP 2005 would start tomorrow. Whoopie! We have this time, Pastor Hilmi Noor. Yeah, he should be bringing along a wealth of experience and stories about his detention and struggle being a Christian, not the typical ones we go through. However, I'm not downplaying our struggles.

I've been catching up with some friends who are back from overseas-more fortunate people. What is holiday without food! It was a crazy week this whole week as we move about Sitiawan insearch of good food. Can any good food come from this place? Ofcourse! My friend found out that a 'kong piang' shop opens around midnight and closes at 11 the next morning. He was shock! 'Kong piang' has always been the favourite snack of the foochows. Try some if you are here. It is quite hard, though. Ok, I have to pen off again. This time it is breakfast with some friends. Food again but I'm not putting on weight, infact I've been losing some kilos. Fatigue will not stop me from having more fun. God bless

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Woohoo. Sounds you're having a ball of a time there. Have fun in the camp - share with us about it some time too ok? :)

December 12, 2005 12:01 PM  
Blogger Matthew said...

Definitely sounds like a vacation in Malaysia to me ^_^ Will miss that place for another 1 1/2 years.

December 14, 2005 2:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home