Sunday, November 20, 2005

Slumber...

Approaching Sitiawan, I told my friend who followed me back about how different the roads look. Indicating my absence from my beloved hometown. Although it wasn't for a long time but it felt as if a century had just gone by. Subang Jaya. I've grown accustomed with the hustle and bustle that surrounds my everyday routines and excitements. Sitiawan. She will always be the beautiful, calm yet maturing town. I reckon it will become a city one day. It isn't a small place to begin with. It looks small, that I have to admit but this is due to the fact that development is very focused on the town centre. Development have been creeping in ever since the naval base was in operation. Or should I say development have been evolusionalising the face of the earth of this quiet little town.

Driving into the town was rather a moment where flashbacks zoom from every corner of my mind to the opposing side. Thankfully I don't remember the sad moments much. If not it would have spoilt my day. I'm glad to have the opportunity to send my friend back to Ayer Tawar, a neighbouring town still within the same "mukim". I used to travel along the road heading to A.Tawar for badminton lessons under the then state coach every week. I was surprised to see the road going through some major roadworks to double its width. I read of the plan to build a connecting highway from there to the North South Highway soon and linking it to Ipoh. All this will cut the journey by half the time it used to take. How wonderful developments are? There are also downsides...

The slower pace of life in Sitiawan is just nice after a whole semester in Subang Jaya. It is remedial, maybe something I needed after a hectic second half of this year. The weather is so good that it makes me want to sleep a little longer. At night the air is so cool and fresh. Not to mention, the morning dew carpets the lawn, giving it a unique sparkle. Whenever the rain stops, the insects and animals will start making their music as if nature has its own ochestra. It is so soothing. It gives rest to the soul. I bet anyone could sleep instantly after the rain stops. Not that the sounds the animals and insects make are like lullabies but the coolness that you will feel is so sedating. I'm now dreaming how the breeze of the sea will feel as they brush pass my face...More offerings from this plaec I call home awaits to pamper me.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

what's "mukim"?

November 22, 2005 5:12 AM  
Blogger Philip said...

something bigger than a town smaller than a city..hahaha..

November 22, 2005 1:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your entry really makes me miss home. How i wish i can leave this country with Autobahn and be at home.

November 23, 2005 1:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ahahha...Hi there!!! I thought I've lost contact with you. Being away would make you appreciate home even more. but do enjoy your stay there for that experience may not come again. I wanna drive on an Autobahn one day. Just tekan sampai habis...eheh...take care man..will hear from you more often...I hope to upload some pics of Sitiawan after some changes soon..dedicate it to you and those overseas. God bless

November 23, 2005 1:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i'm always thankful that i have a hometown to go back to. have to agrees with you. hehe. anyway, enjoy your blog, though i'm not much of a blog fan. keep it up. and heck, you guys can really write...so, i think i know now who to find when i'm stuck with my words...=)

November 23, 2005 9:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh btw, i'm Lee Lee... see? i'm lost when it comes to blog. *sigh*

November 23, 2005 9:29 PM  
Blogger Philip said...

HI Lee Lee...ahha...nice to have you drop by. Check out Mei Hui's blog in the list of blogs by my friends.She writes well..ahah..and others too. enjoy your holiday!!

November 24, 2005 2:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have been looking for sites like this for a long time. Thank you! » »

March 07, 2007 6:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home