Monday, October 17, 2005

Choking and so are you!

I'm choking...and so are many others. Relating to the earlier posting, I think, and this thought was raised by a someone, that it is the system that is at fault. Not at anytime the people. I may disappoint some of my readers here but I think it is better for me to be honest than to be a liar that will be tagged as a hypocrite. If you can't accept what I'm writing, please don't go on reading.

I question many times, why am I serving in the cell? I may be commited, may look to be commited, which I am. I am commited to serving people. Blessing peoples lives. Helping people. Making them smile when they are not. Feed them when they are hungry. Cry with them when they are sad. Pick them up when they are down. I don't want any post. I don't want any rank. I never dreamt to be a cell leader because I think I am not called into that ministry. But I may be wrong about myself. I love being around youth seeing them grow. Not being around grown ups who can't behave like one. I feel like I am not benefiting people in the cell enough.

I feel that I can bless more people by not being in the system. Because the system only limits my every movement. Anyway, the system sucks big time. I don't get mentored, accountable to anyone and enough attention. I don't seek the attention that you are thinking of. The attention I speak of here concerns the attention for the cell from a higher authority. The system has failed to provide me with the authority needed or maybe I fail to exercise the authority given indirectly. I rather not be in the system, having this authority that I can't exercise effectively. I wanna be a Christian who is able to much more for God and His people.

I don't like the system. I don't like bad attitudes including those I have. But I love the people.

But without a system, we humans just can't function. Well, afterall we still need systems. All I ask is, if a system is to be implemented, make sure it works and a good feedback system is installed as well.

To God be the glory. I still wanna serve Him. I hope I can serve Him where I can enjoy serving Him even if it is tough. I hope and pray He gives me directions and instructions soon.

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yea..haha...a someone...thanks for calling me that! what la..Haha j/k

Anyway...whatever it maybe.
When we reach a point where we cannot even get up with our own strength..and things will not happen with our efforts and our love just dies in the ground...and bear no fruits...

It's when we know God is moving..
Huh? contradictory?
My strenght is made perfect in human weakness.

You know what Phil, something I've learnt, only when we feel discouraged with our ministry..is when we have truly care for what we do. Only when we have cried for the people, we have truly understood God's heart. Only when we feel like dying, have we died to ourselves.

A life that gives nothing, gains nothing.
"I will not give God anything that costs me nothing" david

I don't know..not an expert or whatever..haha

somehow, somehow..
God please move..
Without you, we are like NOTHING at all.

October 17, 2005 1:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amen...i'm just trying to masquerade your identity.

yeah.."i will not give God anything that cost me nothing"...i wanna give everything that cost everything. for what good isit that if one has died to self still hold back things that are useless.

October 17, 2005 11:12 AM  
Blogger Matthew said...

Cell groups is one of those things that it might work in some areas while it might not. As for people's commitment level, if your cell group is bad, I totally understand. The youth group I'm going to, being a leader is quite frustrating because the students's level of commitment is just so down the level.

Just last night we had a discussion with them about how to grow the youth, and they come up with great ideas, but I can just see it's what they want, but the commitment to bring friends and asking friends to go to youth is in the sewer level. Cell groups is difficult to lead, but it's not impossible. Different approach helps as well. Hope all goes well for you.

October 18, 2005 1:20 AM  
Blogger Philip said...

thanx matt...surely you have given me some ideas...well i was just being too emotional lately. God rules and I depend on Him...

October 19, 2005 1:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Philip, taking a little time today to see what Be Your Own Boss will send me to that is interesting. $p3@kN0t looks interesting and is a great read. Will also try Be Your Own Boss in my e-travels. Have a super day!

November 21, 2005 1:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Philip, I am enjoying some idle time and looking to see what Increase Cash Flow will bring up. $p3@kN0t is certainly interesting and informative. Increase Cash Flow is a good word to bring into the conversation. Great post. Enjoy your day!

November 27, 2005 10:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Philip, taking a little time today to see what Relax At Home will send me to that is interesting. $p3@kN0t looks interesting and is a great read. Will also try Relax At Home in my e-travels. Have a super day!

November 28, 2005 3:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Philip, I am enjoying some idle time and looking to see what Relax At Home will bring up. $p3@kN0t is certainly interesting and informative. Relax At Home is a good word to bring into the conversation. Great post. Enjoy your day!

November 28, 2005 7:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Philip, taking a little time today to see what Be Your Own Boss will send me to that is interesting. $p3@kN0t looks interesting and is a great read. Will also try Be Your Own Boss in my e-travels. Have a super day!

November 28, 2005 4:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Philip, I am cruising the blogs looking for any information on Relax At Home and landed here. Although $p3@kN0t is interesting and got my attention, I will add this knowledge to my storehouse of information. I never know where Relax At Home will take me. Have a great day!

November 29, 2005 3:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home